Thursday, February 5, 2009

Next Challenge!!

I am still waiting on a couple of weigh-ins - but I'll post results as soon as I get them all. I wanted to let everyone know that we are starting our second mini challenge - WOOHOO!! You know you love them. We can all thank Barb for this great idea....

Food Journals!!

I know it's a little late to start on this week, so the official (cost you a dollar if you don't do it) challenge won't start until next Thursday. But I thought that a heads up wouldn't hurt plus writing in a food journal everyday can take some time to get use too - so I thought you could use this week as practice so that you can go right into the challenge without any problems.

You can use anything as your food journal, I don't care as long as it gets wrote down everyday. It is also a good idea to update them during the day instead of trying to sit down at night and trying to remember everything you put in your mouth. You have to be completely honest with this - WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN. If you bite it write it! I am also suggesting that you write what you are feeling down when you ate what you ate - were you bored, upset or actually hungry. Then at the end of the week you can look back and see where you need to work. If you eat at night while watching TV - find something else to occupy your hands. If you eat when you are upset - try calling someone and talking instead of eating. These can actually be a lot of fun and very helpful is your weight loss journey.

Questions/Comments/Complaints???

Love
Katie

4 comments:

  1. IS ANYBODY ELSE STRUGGLING LIKE I AM? I THINK IF I WORK 24/7, THAT WOULD HELP, THEN I DON'T HAVE TIME TO THINK ABOUT FOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekends are the hardest, I think. Like Super Bowl Sunday, I just wanted to make a dessert soooo bad, but I didn't! My munchies time is when I get home from work. Since it warmed up a little, I think I'll just go outside and get away from the kitchen! I don't know how good I'll be at the food journal, but I'll try my hardest to get it all written down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food journal is definitely going to be a challenge and Joel will probably be better at it than me, but we'll do our best! :) Boredom is the worst for eating but angry/hurt/upset is a tough one, too... I'm just gonna start at the top of my contact list in my phone and see who's home! Actually, Grandma always answers - I'll call her! :) She'll think I'm CRAZY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I'll do the food journal, but I don't think I"ll get Larry to do it. Weekends are definetly the hardest for us. We seem to eat out on the weekends and it's so hard to order healthy at a restaurant! Plus, I am tired of lettuce! Staying out of the kitchen would help, too. I don't eat when I am hungry, angry, hurt, or upset...I just eat because I can! LOL Good luck to everyone this week. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete